Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School

I can't believe how quickly August came and went! Time flies when you're having fun...August was the fastest month of the summer without a doubt! We finished up our workshop week at school last night with Open House. I got to meet all of my new first graders and their families. It is going to be a great year!
The last half of August I spent a lot of energy getting my yoga website and schedule up and organized. Most of you probably know about my yoga classes coming up, but just incase I have followers here that don't know, here is my new yoga website. Check it out!  http://learninglotusyoga.weebly.com
I have at least 4 kids signing up for my Kindergarten - 2nd Grade session, and am excited to see what the other sessions bring. Hopefully a handful of kids for both. I don't have room for much more than 5 or 6, so hopefully we can get everyone to fit!
We are 17 weeks pregnant now! Seems like just yesterday I was shocked by the two little lines that appeared on the pregnancy test. September 19th is the date of our first ultrasound and hopefully when we can find out if we're having a little gal or a little guy this time! We will happily take either. Elyse continues to say it is both, so hopefully we can just clear that confusion up for her too! Other than that, once we got out of the 1st trimester, this pregnancy has been going very well. Feeling good, good energy levels, leveled out moods, with a little tailbone pain in the evening, and an early bedtime between 8 and 9. My latest craving is greek yogurt with granola. Yum!
I had my last appointment with Dr. Troy a week ago and he is so impressed with how far my body and mind have come. All of my muscles are holding just right, everything seems to be in the right place, and my mood/anxiety is so much better. He did retest for sugar and wheat sensitivity. My body still responded to wheat, but no reaction to sugar. He feels that being wheat-free will be a for life thing. Sugar is something I can "play" with and see how it works out, but to treat it like alcohol with an alcoholic. So of course, I played with it right away. Not good. Kind of what I expected. It seems like once I remove something for an extended period of time, my body doesn't do well when I try to re-introduce...this has happened a few times when I think I can handle caffeine also. It always makes me feel worse and proves to me that I don't really need it. So, I'm going to stick to no sugar, no wheat and enjoy how my body feels without it.
Enjoy the last day of August! It was a great month! Welcome September!

No comments:

Post a Comment