Thursday, June 6, 2013

School's Out For Summer!

I can't believe that last time I blogged was at the end of my maternity leave which was over 2 months ago! Adding little Micah to the family sure kicked things up a notch! We have gone from busy to extremely busy and so summer always allows us a little time to breath. A little I said! Ross will be working two jobs this summer and I will be teaching kids yoga (Yea!). Elyse and Micah will be out of daycare all summer so we will be doing lots of walks, visits to the park, and library days. I can't wait!

Because this blog was started to share about my journey into, through, and out of anxiety, I have to say that I have been anxiety free since the baby blues went away. I've had my ups and downs, but through those I remind myself that it is normal to have that. I am hyper-aware of my emotions and worry that one small setback can lead to months of misery, but I have been feeling really "normal" for over two months. That is wonderful considering the fact that I am working full-time with a husband who does the same, plus coaches, I've managed to figure out how to get two kids ready in the morning and into bed at night, and I've made the difficult decision to leave my current job and go back to where I taught two years ago. All the while, staying anxiety free. I know it is a combination of things but so much of it is taking care of my body and learning to let go mentally. Worrying is waste and so if I can focus my attention elsewhere I am so much better off. Another big piece is avoiding negativity and trying to see things from a positive perspective; a perspective where we all are humans who make mistakes, need support from others, and must find a level of respect for others even in times of disagreement.

That leads me to my job change. This is a decision that has been two years in the making. It is one that was very difficult to make because I had planned to work in my current school possibly until retirement since this is the community we live in and planned to send our children too. But as I am quickly finding out, Someone else has bigger plans for me. Sometimes I just need to go with my gut and do what feels right. I think these two quotes have been the best "thinking words" I have come across to remind me why I made this decision.

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ~Steve Jobs


“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." -Eric Roth

So summer is here! We are excited for all of the time we get to spend together, for new adventures that await, and we will continue to ask that God will Bless This Beautiful Mess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment