Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Well, I've only had this blog for a few days and already I've heard from so many people that have also dealt with anxiety/depression/postpartum in one way or another, most often it was them personally. I so much appreciate you sharing your story with me. Each time someone sends me a message in response to the blog, I get a bit of anxiety inside. All the questions that I ask myself about who I am, who they judge me to be, and how they view what I am hoping to do with this blog. It's a bit scary, but because anxiety is only fear, the only way I can overcome it is to face it. Ross continues to be my logical voice in saying that this is a good thing for me, and for others. Those who have a problem with it aren't worth the worry. I agree, now to just get myself to believe it. :)

Being a parent is a job that has an endless job description, and no matter how hard you try, you can never be prepared for all that it entails. As a mom, or dad, we try to put on that happy face and march on! Sometimes that works, but sometimes, we just have to let loose. Let the emotions be real and not judge them as they come. We want our children to be able to express themselves openly and honestly with us right, so why wouldn't we expect the same of ourselves?

We are taking it easy and having a relaxing weekend at home. Looks like the weather will be beautiful and so hopefully we can play outside, read some good books, watch a few good movies, and just r.e.l.a.x. That is hard for me to do, but I will try my best!


No comments:

Post a Comment