Monday, June 25, 2012

Yoga

I haven't mentioned yoga yet on this blog, but yoga found me when we moved to Belle Plaine almost 2 years ago. I was standing in line at the grocery story feeling like I had been uprooted and moved out of my comfort zone. I had, so those were totally normal feelings. I saw a poster on the wall advertising yoga and was excited to learn more.

After trying a couple classes, I knew I was hooked. It was a great way to meet new people, exercise, and find that body-mind-soul connection that I needed. Mystic Journey was put into my life for a reason. I believe God has a plan for all of us and that none of this just happens. Our lives are planned out long before we were even a thought, and if we are open to the messages God is sending, they will come.

God put yoga in my life. He knew it would change me for the greater good and it has. Yoga is about digging deep. It isn't easy by any means. Sure, there is relaxation yoga which sounds easy, but to really do yoga you need to be able to relax totally making no judgements and just listen to your mind and body communicate. There are so many different styles of yoga and so much to learn about it. I know very little in comparison to all of the information that is out there.

Yoga has so many benefits; the list goes on and on, but the greatest benefit I have found in yoga is the gift of relaxation. I have become healthier, stronger, and even a little taller through my yoga practice, but the strength it has given my mind, is greater than all of those.

Because of Mystic Journey, I took an interest in learning about kids yoga. I am one module away from completing my YogaKids International training and by the first week in August, I will be a CYKT-200 (200 hour certified yoga kids teacher)! The final part of my training is a 7-day Transformations in Estes Park, Colorado. I am very excited, but very nervous too.

This will be the longest time that I have been away from Ross and Elyse. It will be the first time I travel alone (Ross is a phenomenal tour guide so I've never worried about any of that). I am trusting that by July 27th, when I need to board that airplane headed for Colorado, that my anxiety is calm, peaceful, and not rearing it's ugly head. I have invested a lot of time and money into this because I believe God has a plan for me and Kids Yoga. I hope it is teaching yoga in the schools or traveling the world sharing Yoga with kids all over the Earth. Wouldn't that be an amazing job! I would home-school Elyse and we would travel the world sharing yoga with children all over. "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!"

And then onto another quote, "When one door closes, another door opens." Mystic Journey closed it's doors this past week. It's been emotionally tough. We had a wonderful final yoga practice and farewell celebration last Friday. It has been quite the shock to my system not practicing yoga on a regular basis. I need to get better at creating my own home practice, but practicing at home isn't the same. So, I'm waiting for that new door to open. I've been doing my research and hope to try out a few other studios in the area. Trust in His timing. It will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment