Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No What??

No wheat...no sugar....

I don't like Dr. Troy very much anymore. After a round of food testing, he found that I have a wheat sensitivity. AND a sugar sensitivity. I didn't think it was THAT big of a deal until I came home, opened the cupboards looking for a snack, and found nothing to satisfy my craving. I bet you can guess what I was craving...something with sugar or bread-like. This feels next to impossible right now. I wanted to scream at him, "YOU KNOW I'M PREGNANT DON'T YOU!?!?!" But I knew he already knew that, and that screaming at him would only solidify the hormones that are raging though my body right now.

So, I'm trying to think of it like this...If Dr. Troy believes that wheat and sugar are not good for me right now, he probably feels that the baby doesn't really need them either. He said this isn't permanent, and at this point I'll hold him to that. (But I secretly think he is brainwashing me and in a couple weeks, I will understand. I will try to go back to lots of sugar and I will feel miserable. I can't be tricked!) *insert evil laugh here*

BUT I LOVE SUGAR, and bread, and pasta, and crackers! Well duh, if you are craving it that bad, then you are probably over-doing it and relying on it a little (or a lot) too much. Just like anything else in excess right...too much gambling, drinking, running, spending money, working, watching tv...anything in excess is not good for you, and sometimes the easiest way to stop that bad habit, is to just quit it all together. Do that have a patch for this? No Laura, no patch, no pill, no easy way out. Just do it!

If you do a little research, you will be surprised, or maybe not, to see what an overabundance of sugar can do to the body and the brain. I know what it is doing right now, making me very sad and irritable because I can't have it. I actually laid on bathroom floor and cried because I didn't think I could handle eating like this. Yikes! There, I admitted it. Don't judge. I've made lunch, did some yoga work, loaded the dishwasher, and typed all of this since then, so it wasn't the end of the world, but it sure felt like it for a minute.

Of course, I'm starving! Well, that's what I keep saying out loud as if that will make it all better. I'm probably not starving, actually I know I'm not because I've watched many series of Survivor and they survive 40 days with much, much, much less. It's just a shock to my brain and my body to have to change my way of eating and thinking. Did Dr. Troy not hear me when I told him that I was feeling very fatigued....Now he's trying to starve me?

It feels so good to write this all down. Honestly, I never knew how much it would help me to process the logical parts to all of this. And to have you listening to it!? Poor you and thank you! But, I don't feel one bit sad for you yet....join me on this no wheat, no sugar "lifestyle" and then you might get some sympathy!

Have a good day....what the heck...make it a great day and have a piece of chocolate for me!


1 comment:

  1. It will get easier as you get better at it, and those cravings get less and less, and you feel better. Eat more protein! It'll keep you more satisfied and full too. With it being summer, there'll be lots of good veggies and fruits in abundance too. Enjoy them! Food is fuel... for mommy and baby! Keep your tank topped off with the good stuff. You can eat more, the better your choices! You don't need to starve - eat up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete