Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome to the World Micah Robert

On the evening of my last post, contractions started! Micah knew we were more than ready to meet him! Wednesday nights are "Survivor" nights at our house and so Ross mentioned that it would be okay for contractions to start when Survivor was over. Little did we know, that was soon to become reality. About midway through the show, I started timing my contractions at 5 minutes apart. They were continuing and I was hoping with all my heart that they were the real deal.
Papa Randy came to spend the night, just in case. By the time he got here, Ross and I were in bed trying to sleep through the contractions. It was not working. I decided that it was time to get up, get ready, and head to the hospital. The contractions were still about 5 minutes apart and getting stronger. They would stop me in my tracks and I had to focus on breathing through them.
We got to the hospital by 12:15 and were checked in, epidural started, and waiting for our baby boy by 1:00. The nurse kept suggesting that we try to sleep or rest a little. That was nearly impossible, but we dimmed the lights and put on some music. The nurse was in and out checking on us, but at 4:30 she came in asking if I was feeling any extra pressure. I could feel nothing. The epidural was doing it's job. We were dilated to a 10 and ready to push! The doctor was called and by 5:04 we had our baby boy here. He was beautiful and we enjoyed our quiet time together for the next few hours.
Family started arriving later in the morning and most importantly, Elyse got to meet her brand new baby brother. It was love at first sight! We are now a family of 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment