Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lots Going On Around Here...

Well, we've been on the go since Friday and we are welcoming a pretty calm week around here. This weekend we spent a lot of time with Ross's family playing, eating, and enjoying good company. The only bad part involved Elyse stepping on dog poop which flew up onto her face and even had a maggot in it which proceeded to crawl towards her eye. You can guess my reaction, but it was probably entertaining to watch.

Sunday was supposed to be a fun day participating in the Color Run 5k where they spray you with different colored powders as you progress through the race, but eating rotten cottage cheese the night before doesn't really prepare you for that adventure so instead of going I lived vicariously through the rest of the team who did go, had fun, and got very colored! I, on the other hand, spent the morning in the bathroom and on the couch. Next year I'll be there.

Yesterday I went back to Dr. Troy who again reassured me that I'm making great progress and that we need to wait it out a couple weeks here before making any changes in my treatment plan to see if the 1st trimester pregnancy hormones start to back off a little bit. I do feel much better physically but like I told Dr. Troy, I feel like I'm at a mental road block. He said that's great! It means hormones probably are playing the biggest role in this and we are definitely headed in the right direction. He again reminded me that there is always a cause for symptoms. You never have to doubt that. That is such a helpful thought.

Today was the biggest day of all though! We heard Baby #2's heartbeat and Elyse thinks it is a sister! It is always a blessing to hear that little heartbeat! Also, I've been researching placenta encapsulation for after the birth. Lots of good reviews for helping ease postpartum depression. Research it with an open mind! There are many doulas that provide this service in the Twin Cities area so I wouldn't be putting Ross in charge of grilling it up! :)

Speaking of Ross, he left this morning for Ohio with a group of guys for an outdoor music festival called All Good. He will be gone through Monday so Elyse and I are going to keep each other company for the next few days. We'll probably visit the library, the grocery store, and the park! This weekend we will have our favorite friends visiting us from Waseca. Maybe we'll make a special trip to Jim's Apple Barn for a treat even! And they are going to babysit Elyse so I can go help a friend celebrate her 30th birthday on Saturday night! Happy Birthday Alicia!

I think that is the latest and greatest from the Nelson house. Enjoy the week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week and weekend ahead! I was laughing reading about the dog poo, and gonna have to google up 'placenta encapsulation' - not sure if i should before supper though! I love the blog! lots!

    ReplyDelete