Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Pregnancy Hangover

I've felt like I've been stuck in a rut the last few days. I am trying to not fight the symptoms and even continue to remind myself that these are very normal first trimester symptoms. I feel like I'm hungover.  Yuck! Tired, dizzy, plugged ears, nauseas off and on, tossing and turning sleeping, emotional. If I knew there was nothing I had to do and could lay on the couch until this passes, I think it would ease a lot of my worries, but we've got a pretty full weekend planned so I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow that I feel refreshed!

Friday we are headed to Hastings to meet up at a park with Ross's cousins and their babies. It will be fun for the kids to all get together to play. Pray for a shade tree and a nice cool breeze!

Saturday we are headed into Wisconsin for another get together with Ross's family. Pray for a nice lounge chair on a sandy beach!

Sunday I am participating in, like how I did not say running in, The Color Run. A group of friends are going to join me in the coolest 5k on the planet. Each k you get sprayed with a new color so by the end of the race you are one colorful being! Our team is Tickle Me Pink! Pray for no pregnancy hangover feeling so that the color in my face doesn't turn from red, to white, to green!

Lots of fun planned so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my body keeps up.

On a side note, we go to the OB on Tuesday! Pretty excited to hear the baby's heartbeat and make sure there is only one in there. Elyse has me freaking out a little bit because she continues to tell me it's a boy and a girl, and that there's two in there. She's warming up to the idea of the baby nicely and loves to lift up my shirt and talk to, tickle, and drum gently on the baby. I hope all this early talking about it will ease the transition for her once the baby is finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment